Friday, August 03, 2007

Thesis

It’s almost three o’clock in the morning and I have just finished revising my thesis for its final defense. All I’m asking for is for that paper to be finished, over and done with, tadah, ciao, aloha, sayonala, arivaderci aroma, babalos amigos, tsupeee, out so that I can go on with my normal life free from the hassles of my conscience telling to get my thesis done and over with.

A few hours from now, I will be at the classroom fighting the urge to lie on the teachers table and sleep off the lectures.

my thesis

From dust to earth
From carbon dioxide to oxygen
And all that nitrates
And the dungs that penetrates
The roots to nourish the trees
So that I can have papers
For my thesis

I thank thee, Oh, mighty tree
For thy giving is as free
As the river returns to the sea
Thou give so unselfishly
For students like me

But it’s a shame
I’m ashamed
That for the tree so mighty
Felled for its pulp
Fed to the machine that crops
Shred and melted to mush
So that there’ll be paper
To write on works of trash
Like a thesis that nobody likes
That even its author despises

Ooh, you darn thesis
Give something back
I hope the people in the university
Turn all of you into compost
To nourish the soil for the tree


At least the thesis served a good purpose

1 comment:

Amy Matheney said...

So, what happened to your thesis project? Well, it was good that you were seeing the progress of your work. The poem was great, I just wish you posted your thesis statement for us to see what your thesis was all about. Anyway, I do hope everything went well.

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...