Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Mapeh event/ New Phone/Phone blogging

Our school participated in the Municipal Mapeh quiz bee and on the spot drawing. 
I was the school Mapeh coordinator so I thought I was not going to have to do anything but coordinating with the event facilitators, checking on my co-teachers and participants, shooting the breeze, in short.

TES Mapeh participants
I was also the coach for Daniel, our school's participant for the grade six quizbee. 

I was not expecting to be pulled into the adjacent room from the grade 6 quiz bee to the grade 5 quiz bee room.

I was asked by the quiz master where were the other members of the grade 5 quiz bee officials. 
Apparently, she was not really the quiz master because the real quizmaster did not show up, also the timer, one of the judges, and a tabulator were all missing
To cut the story short, since they lacked manpower, I was conscripted to be one of the members of the panel of judges, and the timer too. Well, shocks happens.

I was complaining to the district coordinator, in jest of course, that this was not part of the plan, but she just smiled and told me that there were no volunteers.

Daniel, third from right with the other winners and coaches and the Mapeh consultants
Anyway, out of sixteen participants from different schools, Daniel won the first place in grade six quiz bee and that means he will be advancing to the division quiz bee on October 30, 2018.
Since, I am Daniel's coach, I will be going with him.

Daniel is a driven pupil who hates losing. I am amazed at his ability to remember things and he practically won the quiz bee by himself with minimal help from me. 

For coaching, I just provided him with some reading materials, text books, and a few minutes of q and a.

Anyway, heres looking forward to the next level. 
_______________________________



I have a new phone thanks to my sister who allowed me to hitch hike on her credit card.
This is my new unit an Asus Zenfone Maxpro M1. I have been trying to figure out it's advanced features and controls which have some differences with my old unit, an Oppo Neo 5, both are android phones, but i get frustrated easily 

I noticed that as I grow older I have less patience and focus, even less energy to explore things. 

Before, I could spend hours figuring how cps work, discovering short cuts, features, etc. But now, I'm more content with just using the basic functions. I guess, my laziness is getting worse. 

I am not writing a review since I am not really a techie. I am contented with a unit that could take good pictures and with lots of memory space but this phone is definitely an improvement from my last one.

I am happy with it.

Anyway...I think I'm getting the hang of mobile phone blogging.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...