Sunday, October 21, 2018

Transformer the last knight



I watched Transformers the Last Knight on my cellphone yesterday. The movie was released last year and from what I have read, the movie sucked. 

Saw the last four movies in the series and to tell the truth I can not remember much about the stories except Megan Fox. Sorry about that.



Maybe viewing the movie on a 5.99" screen does not give me the right to criticize the cinematography but even at that screen size the CGIs do not blend with the environment and the human actors.

They are cartoonish and  they stick out. Even the lighting do not interact with them realistically. Enlarge that to a giant screen and you could see the details.

Anyway, my main gripe is the story line. It started in a dystopian sci-fi fashion, then morphed into an Indiana Jones story with humor a-la-Marvel franchise interspered here and there, then it tries to forced the Arthurian legend into the cybertronian resurrection story.

The thing is the transformers are giant robots. Why in the hell did the writers choose the chivalric King Arthur to prop up the story, the bacground myth? The central theme in King Arthur story is the search for the holy Grail. It would be more convincing or smoother to use myths that contain references to beings that correspond to the transformers size and powers. 

King Arthur and the transformers, unfortunately for me, don't mix.

An artists renedition of a Greek Titan.

Greek mythology for one. There are titans and Giants in the hellenic saga that could do well to give justice to size and power of the cybertronians. Primitive people would treat them as gods.

Norse and even biblical myths could do as well. 

But I guess the writers saw that these are overused too. 

I think the writers had stonehenge at the center of the story.

Also, the humor did not work. 

The movie is boring even with all the explosions and the robots. I quit after one hour of watching. 

Maybe, I'll continue when I'm in the mood 

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...