Thursday, October 18, 2018

Hole on the floor

My pupils were sweeping the floor when one of them stepped on termite eaten wood floor panel of my classroom. 

The floor is what carpenters call the "tongue and groove wood flooring". I do not know if that's what it's really called. The interior of the wood were hollowed out by termites and sooner or later the hole would grow to be big enough to swallow a pupil's foot. 

The Rodriguez Building is the oldest building in the school. It was built in 1969 and has been renovated a couple of years ago, maybe five years. 

I and many of my co-teachers had horrible experiences during the renovations. Many things in our classrooms were stolen by the workers from calculators to spoons and forks. 

Our janitor even complained that many light bulbs in the school's hallways disappeared. 

We complained to the principal and the principal complained to the contractor and nothing happened. The contractor was a local politician.

Anyway, when the floor was being repaired, I observed that the workers did not replace all of the floor panels, instead they pulled out the damaged ones and replaced them with new ones. They then sanded the old panels to make them look new.

Personally, there's nothing wrong with recycling the panels but at least they should have checked if the panels they were reusing were not infested with termites.

The sad thing though was when an inspector came and I complained about the sloppy job. She simply smiled and told me that this was a government job, which she expected to explain it all to me.

 I did get it: sloppy=government.

_________________________

I learned that Atty. Gadon has filed his certificate of candidacy at the comelec office a couple of days ago. If things work out right, he would be one of the alternative candidates in the Senate midterm elections. 

He became well known when he filed the first impeachment case against the then Chief Justice Sereno, which according to the quo warranto ruling Sereno had never been in the first place.

Gadon also grabbed the limelight, albeit infamously, for calling demonstrating Sereno supporters stupid and children of whores.

Would I vote for him?

Definitely! The Senate needs an anti-bobo advocate. 

We have had comedians, action stars, basketball players, and a boxer in the senate. Another weirdo would complement an already eclectic collection of personalities in the upper chamber.  

Ops, I forgot. I have not reactivated my voter registration, maybe next elections.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...