Thursday, May 31, 2012

Corona judgment blah, blah,blah

Now I was expecting CJ Corona would be acquitted. Of course, I know that this is kinda weird, but I was thinking that the senator judges would be thinking about the precedent that they would making. With the judgment they passed to CJ Corona it is now possible to impeach high government officials on the basis of their SALN, and to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, the senators have made their assess vulerable to the same possibilities happening to them.


Learned his lesson the hard way: you don't quarrel with city hall.

I was wrong. It seemed the senator-judges voted for what is right. I mean, if a simple court translator lost her job and other benifits because she did not disclosed her store in the market, why not the chief justice who withheld millions of dollars from his SALN. Forget all the evidences and the pizza pie (according to dear Senator Lito Lapid) and the anonymous persons, the admitannce of the CJ that he did not disclosed his "co-mingled" and dollar accounts in his SALN was enough, for a simple teacher like me, to convict him.

But the impeachment judgment did not prove that CJ Corona stole or illegally obtained his money because according to some lawyers and financial experts, this money is earnable by a lawyer of his calibre. CJ just made the mistake of not disclosing his all his money.

Anyway, water under the bridge. I am just hoping or even looking forward to more judges and justices,  congressmen, senators, local government officials, administrators, etc, being sued to court for their incomplete and inaccurate SALN.



No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...