Thursday, May 24, 2012

AI, Fil-Am Serial Killer

As expected another white guy with guitar won this year's American Idol. I was expecting Joshua Ledet to win because he got the most number of standing ovation but again, it was the American voters who decided who would win and they have voted for Philip Philips.

Anyway, my problem with Jessica Sanchez was that she was a diva. There's is something about diva's that make people sick: exhibitionist display of vocal range, ear splitting volume and power, irritating vibrato, and orgasmic facial expression. I mean...I think the Americans had enough of divas; me too.

Philip Philips is not an outstanding singer. Even I, a tone deaf, could hear when he is out of tune, but he is different: weird and awkward.
___________________

The Filipinos, as always when they hear news that a person with Filipino blood--from 50% to .00000001%--is doing well in singing contests or any international event of some sort, roots for their "countrymen." I myself, sometimes does not understand this especially when my countrymen felt ashamed of  Andrew Cunanan. I mean, he's a Filipino serial killer and if we are proud of Filipino-American singers, we should also be proud, I mean its not as if we expect all Filipinos to be just talented in singing or dancing or boxing...we should be proud that we also have a world class serial killer.

Background information
Birth nameAndrew Phillip Cunanan
BornAugust 31, 1969
National City, California,United States
DiedJuly 23, 1997 (aged 27)
Miami Beach, Florida, United States
Cause of deathSuicide by gunshot
Killings
Number of victims5
CountryUnited States
State(s)MinnesotaIllinoisNew JerseyFlorida

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...