Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Blah, blah, blah


Reported to work in a pretty good mood this morning. First thing I did was to sit down and type something on the computer (this is it). Maybe it’s because we’re wrapping things up for Friday the field demonstration for our folk dance and rhythmic exercises and next Friday will be the graduation for the grade six pupils. Since the periodic examinations had been over and done with, most of our time is mostly spent practicing for these events.

I heard that there will be a new section added to the grade six, a seventh section. I thought I was going to be assigned an advisory class, the last section, but I heard the boss’s mouth that I will again be a subject teacher, a floating teacher. In many elementary schools, male teachers are usually not given advisory classes most of them are floating teachers; this is also the case here. Anyway, since there will be an additional section, I will be kicked out of my room, which was assigned as the computer room and I expect that it will be converted into a classroom. Guess I will have to move to another vacant room, or I may have to float around the campus moving from classroom to classroom. I don’t know what would happen to this computer if it would be assigned to the teacher who will occupy this room, of course, I would not be able to take this along with me for the obvious reason. Anyway, the school has a wi-fi and I may be forced to get a netbook so that could continue with my blogging. Anyway…

For me its better not to have an advisory class because this means less headache: no PTA, no forms, no collections, no year end audit, no yard assignment, no checking up on cleaners, no trays; I can go home without waiting for any pupils etc. These are some reasons why many especially male teachers like to be a floating teacher. But of course having no advisory class means no extra income, which is kind okay for me, too.

I was supposed to post this in the morning but was called to a meeting with the boss and then time flew so fast...going home but having a sound trip first....

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...