Saturday, September 29, 2007

Hitler

I was looking through piles of brand new second hand books when the name Albert Speer and the book “Infiltration” caught my eye. I was wracking my brain trying to remember where I heard that name. So, I opened the book and read the synopsis and then I remembered reading Speer’s earlier book “Inside the Third Reich.” It was a few years ago when I bought a dilapidated paperback edition of that book. I was looking for it in my shelfr so that I could review it, but I can’t find it. (I had this habit of buying old books and then after reading them, I just forget about them. So whenever the titles books I had read were quoted in other books, I have this urge to look for the book and re-read them. Of course, most of the time, I can’t find them.)

Here’s an interesting description of Hitler:

Hitler so thoroughly embodied his politics, and all his helpers had so utterly lost their own will power, that Hitler’s person, rather than political considerations, counted for everything. In regard to anti-Semitism, Hitler could have safely taken a radical about face without his follower’s rebelling. For, example, there was unprotesting acceptance of his pact with the Soviet Union, which directly contradicted his doctrines of many years. Such denial of all the principles with which he had waged his struggle for power was accepted unthinkingly. His will alone determined destiny.

Infiltration is a book about Himmler and his plan to build an SS industrial empire.

(Actually this is the subtitle of the book. My gulay, I need to learn how to write book reviews!)

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...