Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Conversation with Jokath, Penjing Artist

Last week I was walking along Katipunan Avenue when I noticed an old house filled with bonsai trees. I stood outside and admired the trees. An old man came out and smiled at me. I smiled back and complimented his creations. He was Jokath. The trees started a conversation and the next thing I knew he was teaching me the basics of Penjing, the art of miniature landscaping. (According to the Tarpaulin on his door, Jokath won the Gold and Bronze price in the National Penjing Competition and Exhibition 2013 held at SM Antipolo).


 His new project.


Some of his works













No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...