Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Dangling Cables: Road Hazard



I mean...we are already in the wireless age!

A couple of months ago, I was motorcycling along Taytay’s main road when I was hit by a dangling cable. If it was not for my eyeglasses, I think my eyes would have been gouged out.

I know that the electrical posts are not government properties and I don’t know if the local government has any powers in regulating their use, but when it comes to public safety the government has the right to intervene especially when wires and cables dangling from posts pose danger to motorists and pedestrians alike.

Electrical posts now hosts TV cables, telephone cables, internet cables from different service providers that is why they are overloaded beyond their capacity. Apart from over loading of cables, another things is that disconnected or cut cables are left dangling thus adding to the volume of spaghetti like wires that is not only a physical danger but is also a visual pollution in the community.

It’s time the national government or the local government does something about this. I don’t have figures but I think there are many motor accidents especially among riders caused by these dangling wires.



No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...