Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Gulay 37%! The end is near

Guess...that's life!

All the teachers were there and the atmosphere was one of exasperation and surrender; we’d all rather be home than be in after class meeting. Anyway, I am not complaining; I'm just describing how most teachers feel about meetings, and I know that even our boss, the principal, would rather be home than meeting us teachers, but work is job and job is work and with great power comes great head ache. Well, that's what Spiderman found out when he realized that being a superhero meant having super villain too--equalizes the odds and proved more destructive to superpowerless common folks.

Where was I?

So a lot of stuffs were discussed in the meeting about pupil’s discipline and the necessity for austerity measures because the school needs to align its resources to where it is needed the most and all that stuff that administrator talk about during faculty meetings.

The gist of the meeting was the performance rating of the last examination period. When the results were shown, I was, hmmm…not really surprised, it was an embarrassing performance for my subject Music, Arts and PE. I got a 35 something percent for my grade level and the overall performance for the school was 41% down 2 percent from last year’s. We're going down South!

One of my co-teachers for Music, who was beside during the meeting, was laughing because our performance scores were almost the same. We were at the bottom of the bottom! The principal was a little kind to me because she explained to the rest of the faculty that this was the first time I handled the subject ( I am not a music major; I am a magic Defense-against-the-Dark Magic major from Hogwarts!). But excuses aside, the subject for which I was key teacher did very poorly; reflection on the teacher's performance, as they say hehehe.

Last school year's planning meeting, I wrote on my improvement plan that I plan to raise the MAPE performance by 80%. Of course I knew that the figure was improbable and impossible, but it was fun writing that figure. Well, the trend is that MAPE is really at the bottom, even in other schools, because it is in reality three subjects that focuses on the creative, musical, and physical skills of the pupils all rolled into one crammed into a forty minute period class.  Anyway, I'll do better next year hehehehe...I am aiming for 25%.

So, what are my expectations next year? I am preparing myself to take over the school yard sweeping, the test and form mimeographing and other jobs not worthy of a licensed teacher, nul problemo, as long as the salary is the same. 

__________

Time flies so fast and the school year is ending. Every teacher is busy getting ready to finalize the pupil report cards, accomplishing their standard forms for the school year end audit and preparing for the promotions of their pupils. These things require a lot of patience because of the great amount of paperworks that are  mostly handwritten!

I think the hmmm... the anticipation for the summer vacation is also adding a bit of stress....positive stress, but stress is stress positive or negative.

Anyway, just watching some music video on you tube and saw this one. Loved this song.  I dedicate this to all the sirs in the world.








No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...