Friday, February 03, 2012

absent




I was absent from work yesterday because I was sneezing the whole night and it felt like a family of cat was purring inside my chest, prrrrrr….prrrrrr….prrrrrr…hhaaacchhhhoooo, haaaccchoooo! I had runny nose, watery eyes, and I was hearing pinging from both my ears. These were omens that my allergy/asthma was about to hmmmm…come visit me again.

I took antihistamines and rested.

Whenever I have these symptoms, even though I am still well enough to report to work, I usually take the day off. I skip work and stay in the house to rest. If I force my self to go to work, the exhaust from the jeeps and tricycle plus the chalk dust and other allergens would aggravate the symptoms and I usually end up with a full blown asthma attack that always result to my being absent for work for three days or more. So, I don’t take chances-- last year a principal died when she suffered an asthma attack in her office. Work is always there waiting but hmmm…I don’t want to die in the school; I, like most people, hope to die of old age, for heaven’s sake.  

Anyway, I am okay now. 


No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...