Friday, November 11, 2011

Stumped, TV Shows

Stumped…

Maybe I should say something about TV shows.


AGB Nielsen People Ratings (November 4 to 8, 2011) – Now nearing its finale, “100 Days to Heaven” takes lead over “Amaya” in Mega Manila People Ratings.-Starnometer

As I am writing, I could hear the theme from “100 days to Heaven.” The TV drama was about a notorious lady who owns a toy factory. The lady died and when she met St. Peter, she was given 100 days to correct or to make amends to all the people she had wronged when she was still alive. 

 The series will end today, 11-11-11.

While we were having dinner, my wife and daughter were pretty excited about the ending. My wife was even a bit sad that the series was about to end. Even though I do not like watching Pinoy series because I am more of an X-files, Fringe, Smallville person, I was forced to be a passive audience. Hard to admit but I have become a fan of 100 Days to Heaven. Maybe it’s because the series reminded me of that old Michael Landon series Highway to Heaven, about an angel who needed to earn his wings by helping people.


Maybe its Coney Reyes’ acting, maybe it’s the little girl’s acting, maybe the TV network is transmitting subliminal suggestions…



Anyway, the story was trite and the theme song was a popular song from long ago that has become a standard for funeral, not that song was bad or anything. I guess if a song becomes a standard for funeral marches, that song has reached the pinnacle of its success.

The ending has a touch of the Revilla drama..."ipakukulong ba natin ang ating kapatid?"

Hooopps...as I was typing, 100 Days to Heaven did not end today. This was expected. Local networks had this habit of extracting the last, very last drop of advertising revenue so, I guess, the series would be extended for a week. Or they would change the title to 1000 Days to Heaven.


Iglot is also ending today.




Iglot - Description: Iglot (lit. Talking Scrotum or nagsasalitang betlog) is a Philippine television drama series created by GMA Network. 


 I was not a fan of the series for the obvious reason: I did not like the creature. It was stiff, the feather (I mean the fur) too artificial, looked like rayon wool to me. The eyes looked like marbles. It didn't even looked like a stuffed toy. It moved awkwardly. 


This creature was not even the center of the story. The writing got so bad that the only thing that  kept the show afloat was Claudine Barretos' mediocre acting.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...