Sunday, June 05, 2011

Musings...

Tomorrow is the start of the new school year. I am excited about it, but I am also a little scared about it. Just thinking about what happened last year makes me wish that vacation could be extended to two more months. The stress of classroom management and lesson preparation add to it the activities that must be organized makes me wonder if the pupils are aware of all the efforts the teachers have to put in just to make their school year fun, memorable and meaningful.


Last year was difficult because I was new. But this year, I am hmmmm…or I have adjusted and I am now receiving my salary, plus I do not have any advisory class….who knows…

It is disheartening to see pupils take for granted their parent’s effort just to put them in school. I don’t know why they don’t understand the importance of education. But sometimes, I sort of do some time travel by imagining what I was doing when I was their age; I figured I am not different from them. I am in fact one of them. I did not take my education seriously until I was in my thirties—I was 38 years old when I graduated from college.


No more for today…

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...