Thursday, May 21, 2015

Brigada Eskwela and Asthma

PNP personnels fixing broken desks
When I was in my grade school I used to skip the firs week of school because I  knew (and my parents knew too) that the first days of classes would be spent cleaning the school grounds and the classrooms. The pupils were asked to bring cleaning implements: brooms, dustpan, coconut husk and sandpapers. I most especially dreaded the sand papers.

We sand paper books to erase names written on their sides and desks to remove names and other graffiti. There was so much dust that I usually ended up with asthma attacks. 

BFP firemen flushing a pathway.
Pre-classes preparations were the task of the teachers and the pupils then but now thanks to DepEd's Brigada Eskwela , the preparations now involve stakeholders from the parents, Private Organizations and Companies, NGO's, alumnis, LGUs and government agencies like the PNP, BFP, etc.


Parents doing their share.
Brigada Eskwela is an offshoot Republic Act 8525 or the Adapt-A-School Program. An act that gives opprtunity for privatte sector companies to contribute in improving the public education systm in the country. 

In an effort to bring the Adopt-A-School Program to the community level, DepEd launhed the National Schools Maintenance Week in May 2003 which is now known as the Brigada Eskwela. (Brigada Manual)








No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...