Sunday, June 10, 2012

MP lost

Going home from the church, I passed by an elementary school where Manny Pacquiao's fight with Bradley was being telecast live via satellite, I knew that something was not right because the people leaving the school was somber; the aura was funeral. 



There was no jubilation and excited description of the highlights of the fights instead what I heard were shouts and mumblings of accusations of being cheated: Pacquiao was mafiad by the Ameican mafia. He was karmaed because of his anti gay views (which MP vehemently denied). The fight was rigged for him to lose so that there would be rematch hence more revenue. He lost because he held Bible as if the Bible brings bad luck, etc. and so on.

Whatever the reasons, our champion lost and  MP was humble enough to admit defeat. He was magnanimous in defeat and that's what makes him more of a champion. Anyway, I think he needed the lost because he has taken his sport too lightly lately. Even though he may have won technically, the judges may have been expecting more hence they gave Bradley a handicap or something (just a theory).

Anyway,  the streets were quiet. There was no jubilation and though there were those who kept on mumbling theories about the lost, the people had that bleak look, lost look that made me think how pathetic it was for a human being to be emotionally involved over something as senseless as boxing.


I mean...  

The Chinese have occupied Bajo Masinloc and  our country's sovereignty was threatened yet the Filipinos was stoical about the issue, but when MP lost to an American it looked like as if my countrymen were ready to declare war on the United States...I mean...you gotta be kidding me.

Expect another analysis overdose.

Hmmmm...I did not watch  the replay. Somehow, I hate to admit it, me, too, was affected by the lost.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...