Sunday, July 22, 2012

Be careful with my heart blah, blah, blah...






Absent from work for four days, still reeling from bronchial asthma (or asthmatic bronchitis, whatever the difference maybe, it's beyond me) that gave me chills for many nights, I am not quite that excited about going back to work. Well, I guess nobody would be what with the lesson plans and lessons to catch up with, the deadline for the submission of test papers, the charts, the quizzes...whew really glad that I have no advisory class.

Anyway...the good thing about the absence is that I was able to follow the new ABS-CBN series "Be careful with my heart" starring Jodi Sta. Maria and Papa Chen. I have been seeing the series on-off because I go home for lunch and am able to see portions, but it was only last week that I was able to see several full episodes. 

The series was about an aspiring flight stewardess, who, through circumstances, ended up becoming an airline executive's babysitter. She was attracted to the much older father of her ward, but he was too busy to even take notice of her and so on...of course the story is as predictable as a fart, but the development of the character is something that made this series quite likeable. Richard Yap, is good, whose bearing, by the way, reminded of the Capt. Von Trapp from the Sound of Music movie. 

Anyway, I am not a critic, just watch the series and be entertained by Jodie's and antiques and Papa Chen's  hmmm....minimalist acting because it gives the series a relaxed and relaxing ambiance, which is a sort of a relief compared from the tensions from the so-called-heavy-drama-actors whose facial expressions even when expressionless radiates pain, suffering and struggling  .

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...