Saturday, December 03, 2011

Short Circuit



My classes were over for the day. I was resting in the multi media room ,which is beside my homeroom, when a pupil approached me and told me that one of the electrical outlets in my classroom “blew up.”  I asked what happened and she told me that one of boys inserted a pair of scissors into the socket.


I was puzzled because PO2 Robert was in my room conducting a DARE class. Anyway, I stood up and went to my room. The DARE class was over so I did not catch PO2 Robert to asked him what happened.

I asked for the culprit and when he was brought to me, it was Christian. I asked him what he did and he just looked at me and gave me the most (hmmm…) innocent look that I have seen since I started teaching.

Some of the boys were behind me giving Christian the scare.

Anyway, I was exhausted and I didn't want to add to my stress by losing my patience. So, I just smiled and told Christian, in a serious teacher voice,  to sing me a Christmas carol to cool my anger off. He looked at me with disbelief. “Okay,” I said, “either I am going to report you to the principal, or ask for your parents to come on Monday to have a word with me, or you can sing me a Christmas carol to cool my anger off.” The boys behind me were laughing while egging him to sing.

I was upset, but I didn’t want to be angry at something that had already happened. I was relieved that he was not electrocuted.

Christian didn’t sing but he did laugh; we all had a good laugh.

Anyway, one of the Master Teachers dealt with him more properly, I should say.

So, I had to go to school today, a Saturday, to change the fuse.


No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...