Wednesday, April 08, 2020

DAY 25: Community Quarantine


      HEAD: I felt something behind my head. It was itchy and a bit sore, not painful but tender. I tried to recall where I bumped behind my head, or whether I fell from the sofa, but nothing.
     Since I had a back ache from gardening,  I don't do anything but water the plants. Not anything that would cause this bump.
    I am thinking bee sting or infected mosquitoes bite, but not that I could remember.
    Boil? Not likely.
    Then I realized that I have been lying down on the bamboo sofa and the sore spot was where the armrest, which was the headrest when I'm lying down, and my head was in contact most of the time. Even with the pillow, I think the hardness went through.
    I am developing a head sore from lying down too much.
    BANANA- When the rumors, or fake news, started floating around that bananas could cure covid, the price per kilo of the fruit doubled . A kilo of latundan that was 40-50 pesos a kilo before now sells to a hundred.
    I don't see how that many people buying the fruit and many are already turning overripe yet the price still does not change. The spike in the price is not demand driven, it is fake news driven.
    EXTENDED- It's official, as what is expected, the lockdown is extended. Based on the Chinese experience, it took them almost three months to flatten the curve and I expect it will not be that far with us. 
    China is an authoritarian state while the Philippines is an over democratized country where people not only enjoy too much freedom, but they also enjoy taunting the rules and holding rallies to exercise their rights or simply  the fun and the funds of it.
    Unless pinoys cooperate, this will extended for more weeks to come.
    It's time to stop blaming government and start blaming ourselves.
     GROCERY- Went to the grocery yesterday not because of the lockdown. 
     I think with the number of lockdowns declared, I have become immune to it and it's a wonder why everyone is not.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...