Saturday, September 15, 2012

Ran out of fuel

I was on my home for lunch last Friday when my motorcycle conked out. I kick started it, then I heard the engine start and then choked again. I kick started it again and it ran for about a few meters before finally stopping,  for good. I was lucky because I made it a few meters to the Shell station. I pushed the motorcycle  to the pump and then I asked the attendant to fill a hundred pesos worth of unleaded gasoline (which was about a glass of fuel).

An old photo.

I was getting my wallet out of my pocket when the realized that I forgot my wallet; it was still on the table in the house, a few kilometers away. I looked at the gas attendant, gave my riding jacket and told him that I forgot my wallet; I had no money to pay him. I left him my jacket as a security and told him I would be coming back for it. I did not gave him any time to reply; I kick started the motorcycle and rode out of the gas station. After having my lunch at home, I passed by the gas station to pay the gas and then I picked my riding jacket. The attendant smiled and said thanks.

Well, what could I say but welcome.

This was the first time it happened to me, but I think this was the fourth or fifth time my motorcycle ran dry of fuel. Gas is just too expensive.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...