Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Lotto uto

When the Lotto prize reached the 1 billion peso mark, like most impoverished Filipino, I was dumbfounded at the amount of money. 

It's 1000 million and in my current salary as a teacher, I would have to work for 50,000 months or around 4,166 years to raise that amount.

I couldn't help but fantasize about winning the jackpot. I was already thinking of ways to spend a billion peso.

After giving lagesses to my family, top of my list would be buying small well forested  island with beautiful beaches or a small farm. 

I would be living off the grid away from the stressful life of everyday grind. I would just enjoy life doing things I love, bonsai, gardening, guitar, etc.

I would not invest. With that amount of money, why would I stress myself into going to business

Why want more when the life I dream of will not exhaust that stock pile of pesos?  

This is a fantasy, of course, but that fantasy could not be possible if I don't have lottery tickets.

The odds of winning the 6/58 lotto is around 1=40,000,000. Statistically, you are more likely to be hit by lightning or meteorites than getting the winning combinations.

At that probability, buying a thousand peso worth of tickets is like buying one ticket. The odds hardly changes. But still that's way better than not buying a ticket.

I bought a ticket before going to Baguio for my mother's birthday and forgot about it.

I found out that there were two winners.

Of course, I was not one of them. 

But if I had won, after thinking about it: 

With that money, I would be as paranoid as hell.  Would I be able to get out of the PCSO without being kidnapped? I mean, I could be sold to a kidnap for ransom gang by an employee. 

I would look at my neighbors the same way, threat to my safety and my money. 

How about my family? My wife, daughter. They would also be possible targets of kidnppers.

Even in my own island, I would not be safe. It would be a stressful life. 

Anyway, enough of this silliness. 

Instead of buying lotto tickets it is better to save the money in a piggy bank. It may not amount to millions but it does come handy in times of needs.



No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...