Monday, October 29, 2018

After the sem break, it's still sembreak

Last week was the school's semestral break for the pupils fortunately for us teachers we only had a day for our in service training and two days show up at the provincial meet held at the Marikina Sports Complex.

Today is the official start of the second semester. 

One thing about the second semester is the number of holidays and this signals the slowing down, I hope, of activities. 

But it seems that my pupils want to stretch the vacation, only a third showed up. 

Maybe the storm signal 1 declared by the weather service is one reasons why they didn't go to school.

Anyway, I was looking down at the school ground and saw my pupil's and others still doing their morning chores, sweeping the ground and cleaning the classrooms.

Since it's all souls day  (or is it all saints day) on November's 1 I expect the attendance to remain as low as it is now.

All saints day is one of the most important holidays in the country. If I am going to rank holidays in importance, I think the day for the dead is third in importance next to Christmas and lent. 

I guess the Filipinos love for the family extends beyond the grave.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...