Thursday, September 29, 2011

Waiting...




It was still raining very hard when I reported to work yesterday. My shoes were wet because I passed through a flooded street. I thought my motorcycle would conk out because the water almost submerged the exhaust, but fortunately, it did not.


Typhoon Pedring was leaving the country; but because of the heavy rains, our mayor suspended the classes for elementary and high school level.

Many of the teachers were already in the school when the suspension of classes was declared. But instead of going home, many opted to stay to catch up with some paper works. Since the multi-media room, where I was staying, was near the wi-fi router, some of my co-teachers stayed there during the day to surf the net  and do some writing.

I took advantage of the day by doing some lay-outing work for our school publication. When it was already 1:00 some of my co-teachers decided to go home. They were about to leave the room and when they looked out the door, they saw the principal sweeping the ground. The ground was full of fallen branches and leaves due to typhoon Pedring's strong wind.

The non-teaching and the maintenance staff of the school were busy cleaning up. We did not pay attention much to them because, to tell the truth, this was part of their job description. It’s not that we don’t care about them; it’s just that we have our own paper works to deal with.

Anyway, when the teachers who were about to leave saw the principal sweeping the ground, they all ran back to the room. We were aghast because the boss was leading the clean up operation. It was not because we don’t want to be called out to help in the clean up, but it was embarrassing to be seen going home while the principal was doing the ground. So, the option was for the leaving teachers to find a way home where the boss would not see them. To think about it, we were not even supposed to be in the school in the first place.

There they were, my co-teachers looking out the door and the window waiting for the timing to escape without being noticed. I snapped my camera and preserved the scene, forever.

What were they doing? They were timing....trying to find a way to leave without being seen by the boss!

Of course the boss saw them and they were let go. One thing I can say about our principal is that she's one hardworking lady.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...