Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Beauty...

Beautiful women are, well, beautiful to look at.

But who decides who is beautiful and who is not. Here is the problem with beauty. Beauty is a subjective thing.  Philosophers have explored beauty and some, or most, have even related beauty to truth. The relationship between beauty and truth this is evident in mathematics and in music. Of course, beauty in philosophy is, to an ordinary mortal like me, is too abstract to explore.

I am curious about female beauty.

Now, look at the classical nude paintings below, I noticed that most of the subjects are voluptuous and using today’s popular definition of beauty (i.e. thin, long legged, and tight with no bulges) these women would never be considered beautiful.






Imagine how soft and comforting to hug these ladies. Judging form today's beauty contests, women are becoming thinner and taller.

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...