Monday, December 10, 2007

The Lord had need of me

As the transcontinental train zipped past the scenery, an elderly bishop was telling a young parson fresh out of divinity school the story of his eventful life. He then turned to the young cleric and asked him to tell the story of his vocation.

“Oh, that’s very simply told,” he smugly replied. “All I can say is that the Lord had need of me.”

“That’s a remarkable coincidence, young man,” observed the bishop. “So far as I can remember, only once in the gospel did the Lord ever say that He had need of anything. In Luke 19:34 on the occasion of his triumphal entry into Jerusalem, He said he had need of an ass.”

So true...of course it apllies to rear ends in the church too

No comments:

I got a bikelog?

A year ago, I asked my daughter for a loan so that I could buy a mountain bike. This was in the middle of May 2021 and the pandemic was stil...